Welcome to the Tiny Stitches Schoolhouse
Tiny Stitches offers a complete menu of Technique and Project Classes for the beginning, intermediate and advanced quilter. Our instructors are highly experienced and have been teaching quilters for many years. Please read our Class Rules at the bottom of this page.
Beginning Quilt Making
If you ever wanted to make a quilt and had no idea where to start, we have the solution for you. These comprehensive machine piecing classes are geared to beginners and those wishing to improve their piecing skills. Everyone ends up with an attractive quilt. (class size limited to 8)
Six 3 hour sessions- $150
This is a six class course consisting of the following:
1. The Basics: Fabric, thread, needles, and rotary cutting - We will spend time in the shop selecting fabrics that will make your quilt a visual success.
2. Nine Patch Block: Cutting and assembly
3. Monkey Wrench Block : Cutting and assembly
4. Squaring Up Blocks and quilt center assembly
5. Borders: Pieced and unpieced
6. Marking, basting and machine quilting
Beginning Quilt Making Class Quilts
The Next Step: Sampler Skills
This class is designed for those who have finished their first quilt and are eager to learn more!
Brush up on your piecing skills while working on a sampler quilt and learning techniques for making quarter square triangles, flying geese, square-in-a-square blocks and more. Discover how easy it is to add sashing and set you blocks on point. Learn how to miter corners the easy way. Prerequisite: Beginning Quilting
5 - 3 hour classes $150 (includes pattern)
The Next Step blocks and finished quilts...
Binding Your Quilt
Learn the secrets of continuous double-fold binding, crisp corners, machine or hand finishes. . If you have a quilt ready for binding, will help determine which method to use.
One 3-hour session - $40 (inc. fabric kit)
Learn the fine art of needle turn appliqué with talented instructor Elisabeth Frolet. Make this Heartfelt project as you learn the technique.
One 3 hour class $40
Class plus fabric kit and pattern- $50
Certified Instructor: Linda Wirtz -Studio 180 Design
Cost: $30 per class
Tucker University offers technique/project classes for the tools and techniques designed by Deb Tucker's Studio 180 Design. Quilters build their piecing skills thereby improving the quality of their quilt tops... all making the piecing process enjoyable and FUN!
Features of the Studio 180 Design tools/techniques:
* Instructions for left and right-handed cutting
* Creating slightly oversized units that are trimmed to precision
* Ability to create units in multitude of different sizes
* Can be used on most quilt patterns
Each class focuses on a different design tool/technique. Design sheets, color planning aids, and block layouts provided for each class.
Star 60 class series
This series of classes explores the world of 60-degree angle designs using the Star 60 tool designed by Deb Tucker - Studio 180 Design!
- Class 1: Learn basics of the tool and how to construct Star 60 units to make a 6-point star block and introduction to the tool's free pattern, "Hextravaganza"
- Class 2: Layout/finishing of the "Hextravaganza" pattern and learn two new techniques, "Capped 60" and "Striped 60" for making triangles and diamonds
- Class 3: "Checkerboard 60" for making diamonds
- Class 4: "Quad 60" and "Framed 60" for making triangles and diamonds
- Class 5: "Hollow Cube 60" for making triangles
- Class 6: "Log Cabin 60" for making diamonds
- Class 7: "Power 60" technique for making multiple Star 60 units fast
- Class 8: Learn to layout hexagons and half hexagons into designs with eas3e
Diamond Log Cabin Tree Skirt
Learn this creative take on the log cabin! Linda will show you how this table topper pattern turns into a tree skirt!
Long Arm Fundamentals
Get ready to rent a longarm quilting machine!
We'll cover everything you'll need to know in order to rent our Handi Quilter machines, from loading and operating to quilting with pantographs. Come with pencil and paper - you'll want to take good notes in this one!
One 4 hr class - $100
Domestic Machine Free Motion Quilting
Let’s get together and learn free motion designs on your domestic machine. This four hour class will introduce you to designs you can use on your domestic machine to finish a quilt. You will learn to make basic meanders, ribbon candy, wishbone, swirls and twirls and echoes. You will build muscle memory by drawing and tracing and then practice these designs on your domestic machine. As a prerequisite for this class, you should have a basic understanding of how free motion quilting works on your domestic machine.
One 4 hour class. $45
Beginning Longarm Machine Free Motion Quilting
This 4 hour class introduces designs to use when free motion quilting. Students will learn how to make basic meanders, ribbon candy, wishbone, swirls and twirls and echoes and know when to use these designs in a quilt. The students will be required to draw on a tablet in order to be able to understand how shapes are made and practice on a Longarm machine.
One 4 hour Class $100
Rules for Taking Classes
Class will start promptly at the scheduled time so in order to be set up and ready, you may arrive up to 30 minutes ahead (please no earlier).
Cancellation Policy: We require 5 days notice in order for you to receive a refund for your class fee. There will be no transfers of fees to other classes. If less than 5 days notice is given, you will forfeit the class fee.